Monday, June 6, 2011

Warm Weather? Here?!

Finally! After a long winter in Duluth, Spring has made an appearance. I'm not going to get my hopes up that it's here to stay, though. By all accounts, this winter has been worse than usual, even for Duluth. (But since I plan to stay here awhile, that's good news.)

Like any patriotic American (insert dripping sarcasm here), I greeted the warm, sunny weather by spending money I didn't necessarily have. Observe:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The DSW in Duluth is as good as any I've seen, including locations in New York City. Go there. Miller Hill Mall. I haven't bought shoes anywhere else since moving to Duluth last summer.

Once I had these little numbers on my feet, I realized I probably needed a manicure. I justified this by telling myself it was only $40 for both pedicure and manicure, and that I hadn't had either in a year. On the recommendation of a kind barista at the Miller Hill Mall Caribou Coffee, I went to Diamond Nails.

Diamond Nails is at 919 W Central Entrance; phone (218) 733-5601. The service was very friendly and accommodating. The prices were reasonable. The mani/pedi wasn't absolutely first-rate, but worth the price. Diamond Nails prefers cash, but will take cards.

The sandals were easier to justify; I realized I had no sandals anymore, other than some very old flip-flops that had cost about $6 new. My feet were roasting in my flats. This had to happen.

Next up: The Anchor Bar in Superior, wherein the server gets graphic with my drink order. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment